Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tabbouleh Salad



In honor of warmer weather and the possibility for picnics, I thought I would share with you my favorite tabbouleh salad recipe.  If, you can tolerate cheese, I HIGHLY recommend sprinkling on some feta... oh how I miss feta!

I am just going to give you ballpark measurements for this one. 

INGREDIENTS:

cooked quinoa (for smaller portions maybe 3-5 cups, for larger 6-8)
tomatoes (I like using cherry tomatoes and quartering them)
cucumber (peeled and diced)
flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
lemon juice (juice from 1-3 lemons depending on how tart you want it)
feta (optional)
olive oil
s/p

Once the quinoa is cooked and cooled, toss it with a little olive oil.  Squeeze in lemon juice and add in tomatoes, cucumber and parsley and s/p.  This is where you eyeball it.  If it looks like you could use more veggies or parsley... by all means add them in.  If you taste it and think it needs more lemon juice, add it in.  You really can't mess this one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment