Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Green Pita Pizzas



I know I have posted about pita pizzas before, but seriously they are a staple in our house.  The other night I decided to switch it up.  I had some delicious vegan pesto on hand, or you can make this one, that I wanted to use.  So to make things fun I decided to keep with the green theme.  I put on whatever green veggies we had in the fridge, and it was a huge hit!  The only problem was I didn't make enough... my boys were begging for more!

Once again, no real recipe here, just a suggestion.

Start with your favorite pita bread (mini ones could be great for lunches) or naan.

This is what we put on top:

pesto
small broccoli florets
chopped kale leaves
arugula
a drizzle of olive oil
s/p

Spread pesto over pitas (or naan), and top with desired amounts of veggies.  Make sure to season with s/p and drizzle some olive oil over the top... this helps the veggies to roast up real tasty!

Bake a 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment