Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Meal Plan Monday #1

Hi Guys!

I am going to try something new!  I have had a few people ask about my meal planning so I thought I would start posting my meal plans for the week.  Now, there are a few things I should mention regarding my meal plans.  First is that my husband does not have a typical work schedule, so often the nights he works, I plan for leftovers or something SUPER easy...like breakfast for dinner!  The other is that  I cook (the majority of) my meals to be doubled and frozen, because I cook and bring meals to my grandparents.  So that is why many of my recipes make enough to feed an army! Along with that, I also just plan on making about 4 meals a week, factoring in eating leftovers and eating out.

When I sit down to meal plan, I write out our schedule for the week.  This helps me get a better idea of what kind of meal I need depending on how busy or day is, or if my hubby is working, and  eliminates the "what shall we make for dinner tonight" game.  I also try to plan things that have some overlap of ingredients so that I am not buying one whole head of cabbage and only using a little bit for one meal.  This saves money and ensures that we are eating up all of our food and not wasting it!  Before meal planning, inevitably I would be throwing away produce at the end of the week and having to make multiple trips to the grocery store to pick up random items.  This way I make one trip (occasionally 2) to the store a week, saving time, money and energy!

Without further ado, here is my plan for the week:

#1. (Fish) Tacos with a cabbage slaw and a side of black beans
     -We eat primarily vegan, but one of my sons begs for fish constantly, so I will be making this for him!
     - no recipe on the blog yet, sorry

#2. Peanut Noodle Bowls

#3. Chocolate Chili with cornbread
   
#4. Pasta with roasted broccoli and walnuts
     -recipe to come later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment