Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

FAMOUS PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES




3/4 cup brown sugar ( I use Sucanat)
3 Tbsp. honey
1 (15oz) can of pumpkin
3/4 cup oil (I use melted virgin coconut oil, or substitute with unsweetened applesauce)
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour (I use spelt flour, or you could use whole wheat, or any combination)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger (if you have pumpkin pie spice on hand you can use that instead)
1 to 1 1/2  cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350

Beat until blended sugar, honey, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.

In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.

Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and mix well.

By hand, stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greases cookie sheets.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they slightly firm up and bounce back after being touched.

Cool on wire racks.

*They taste even better the next day, but don't blame me if they don't make it that long!
**Be prepared to share this recipe... it is THAT good!

7 comments:

  1. off to go buy my ingredients! the stores around here have been out of pumpkin, so we'll see! thanks for the recipe. :) i'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Just made these cookies and they are amazing! Cant wait to give them away to my friends and family!! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these yesterday and everyone loved them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cookies. I'm wondering if you might be willing to share some more info on cooking vegetarian for those who are new to it. For example, would love to know more about some of these ingredients (like spelt flour or sucanat) and where they can be purchased. Thanks, Veggie Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amy! Love the new blog- glad I found it! I tried these this afternoon, they were delicious, I think I've had 3 and Emery ate hers in about 10 seconds! Can I post it on my blog and introduce people to your new blog?? Next week I am doing a dessert a day, and it would be fun to feature these and a little snip-it about your new site... let me know. Thanks for sharing the pumpkin & chocolate goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie---I am gad you liked them! Of course your can share my blog on yours, that would be awesome! Hope you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Planning on making these cookies today! Yum!Have you ever substituted the Sucanat with Agave? I'll let you know how they turn out!
    silvia
    xo

    ReplyDelete